Chevrolet P1635: 5-Volt Reference 1 Circuit Malfunction
Is your scanner showing Chevrolet P1635?
No worries. We'll show you what it means and how to deal with it.
Chevrolet P1635: 5-Volt Reference 1 Circuit MalfunctionOVERVIEW
What Does The Chevrolet P1635 Code Mean?
Key on or engine running; and the PCM detected the 5v VREF 1 circuit was out of range for 10 seconds. The 5v VREF circuit is used to provide power to the EGR Pintle Position sensor, MAP sensor, Engine Oil Pressure sensor and the TP sensor on this vehicle.
What Are The Potential Causes Of The Chevrolet P1635 Code?
- 5v VREF circuit is shorted to sensor ground or chassis ground
- 5v VREF circuit, MAP or EOP sensor circuit is shorted to (B+)
- 5v VREF circuit shorted to EGR sensor High signal circuit
- EGR solenoid valve (and sensor) is damaged or has failed
- PCM has failed
Below are some recommended auto parts to help you address the trouble code affecting your vehicle and get it running smoothly again:
>>> WORKPRO 582-piece Crimp Terminals, Wire Connectors, Heat Shrink Tube, Electrical Repair Kit
>>> GM Genuine Parts 12633238 Engine Control Module
>>> ACDelco GM Original Equipment 12690512 Vapor Canister Purge Valve
Note: During the purchasing process, please check carefully whether the part you want to buy fits your car!
- 2000 Chevrolet Camaro and Pontiac Firebird Service Manual – Volume 1, page 842.
- GM, 2013, Service Bullettin – Prior To Any Circuit Testing.