Chevrolet P1873: Torque Converter Stator Temp Switch CKT Low
Is your scanner showing Chevrolet P1873?
No worries. We'll show you what it means and how to deal with it.
Chevrolet P1873: Torque Converter Stator Temp Switch CKT LowOVERVIEW
What Does The Chevrolet P1873 Code Mean?
Condition for setting the DTC:
- The TFT is less than 60°C (140°F).
- The torque converter stator temperature switch circuit indicates a hot mode.
- All conditions are met for 5 seconds.
How Can You Fix The Chevrolet P1873 Code?
- If the switch and the external wiring are OK, verify the circuit ground integrity through the transmission fluid cooler pipes.
- Inspect the wiring for poor electrical connections at the PCM.
Below are some recommended auto parts to help you address the trouble code affecting your vehicle and get it running smoothly again:
>>> WORKPRO 582-piece Crimp Terminals, Wire Connectors, Heat Shrink Tube, Electrical Repair Kit
>>> GM Genuine Parts 12633238 Engine Control Module
>>> Dorman 624-558 Automatic Transmission Oil Cooler Hose Assembly
Note: During the purchasing process, please check carefully whether the part you want to buy fits your car!
GM, 2013, Service Bullettin – Prior To Any Circuit Testing.