Honda P3400: Valve Pause System (VPS) Stuck OFF
Is your scanner showing Honda P3400?
No worries. We'll show you what it means and how to deal with it.
Honda P3400: Valve Pause System (VPS) Stuck OFFOVERVIEW
What Does The Honda P3400 Code Mean?
With the engine running at operating temperature, and the vehicle speed is a minimum of 12 mph (18 km/h) or more with the engine speed between 900-3,000 rpm the following conditions occur for 2 seconds or more:
- Condition 1: rocker arm oil pressure sensor A is ON
- Condition 2: rocker arm oil pressure sensor B is ON
- Condition 3: rocker arm oil pressure sensor A output HIGH
- Condition 4: rocker arm oil pressure sensor B output LOW
What Are The Potential Causes Of The Honda P3400 Code?
- Poor connections or loose terminals at rocker arm oil pressure sensor A, or B
- Low engine oil, or oil pressure
- Faulty rocker arm oil pressure sensor A. , or B
- Faulty rocker arm oil control valve A, or B
Below are some recommended auto parts to help you address the trouble code affecting your vehicle and get it running smoothly again:
>>> WORKPRO 582-piece Crimp Terminals, Wire Connectors, Heat Shrink Tube, Electrical Repair Kit
>>> Honda Motor Oil 10w30
>>> VTEC Solenoid Spool Valve w/Oil Pressure Switch & Gasket
>>> Honda Genuine Front Spool Valve Assembly
Note: During the purchasing process, please check carefully whether the part you want to buy fits your car!
Technical Service Bulletins 13-055 for P3400 – Honda Motor Co., Ltd, 2013 Pilot 2WD & 4WD