Mazda B2232: Driver-side Air Bag Module (Inflator No.2) Circuit Resistance High
Is your scanner showing Mazda B2232?
No worries. We'll show you what it means and how to deal with it.
Mazda B2232: Driver-side Air Bag Module (Inflator No.2) Circuit Resistance HighOVERVIEW
What Does The Mazda B2232 Code Mean?
WARNING: Detection conditions are for understanding the DTC outline before performing an inspection. Performing an inspection according to only the detection conditions may cause injury due to an operating error, or damage the system. When performing an inspection, always follow the inspection procedure. Resistance other than 1.5-9.7 ohms detected in driver-side air bag module (inflator No.2) circuit.
What Are The Potential Causes Of The Mazda B2232 Code?
- Malfunction in wiring harness between driver-side air bag module (inflator No.2) and SAS control module
- Driver-side air bag module connector malfunction
- Clock spring malfunction
- Open or short circuit in wiring harness between clock spring and SAS control module
- Driver-side air bag module malfunction
- SAS control module malfunction
Below are some recommended auto parts to help you address the trouble code affecting your vehicle and get it running smoothly again:
Note: During the purchasing process, please check carefully whether the part you want to buy fits your car!
Airbag System Repair Information for B2232 – Mazda RX8, pages 61-66.