Mazda C1236: LR ABS Wheel-Speed Sensor/ABS Sensor Rotor System
Is your scanner showing Mazda C1236?
No worries. We'll show you what it means and how to deal with it.
Mazda C1236: LR ABS Wheel-Speed Sensor/ABS Sensor Rotor SystemOVERVIEW
What Does The Mazda C1236 Code Mean?
Vehicle wheel speed signals of any of the four vehicle wheels indicate abnormal acceleration that exceeds specification. Periodic abnormality is detected in the signal wave pattern from the ABS wheel-speed sensors.
What Are The Potential Causes Of The Mazda C1236 Code?
- ABS wheel-speed sensor malfunction (low output, metal shavings on sensor)
- ABS sensor rotor malfunction (chipping of sensor rotor teeth)
- Poor installation of ABS wheel-speed sensor and/or sensor rotor
- DSC/RSC HU/CM malfunction
- Excessive clearance between the ABS wheel-speed sensor and sensor rotor
Below are some recommended auto parts to help you address the trouble code affecting your vehicle and get it running smoothly again:
Note: During the purchasing process, please check carefully whether the part you want to buy fits your car!
Mazda C1236, DTCDECODE.