Nissan P1715: Input Speed Sensor (Primary Speed Sensor/TCM Output)
Is your scanner showing Nissan P1715?
No worries. We'll show you what it means and how to deal with it.
Nissan P1715: Input Speed Sensor (Primary Speed Sensor/TCM Output)OVERVIEW
What Does The Nissan P1715 Code Mean?
ECM receives primary speed sensor signal from TCM through CAN communication line. ECM uses this signal for engine control.
DTC Detecting Condition: Primary speed sensor signal is different from the theoretical value calculated by ECM from secondary speed sensor signal and engine rpm signal.
What Are The Potential Causes Of The Nissan P1715 Code?
- Harness or connectors
- CAN communication line is open or shorted
- Primary speed sensor circuit is open or shorted
How Can You Fix The Nissan P1715 Code?
Replace the TCM
Below are some recommended auto parts to help you address the trouble code affecting your vehicle and get it running smoothly again:
>>> WORKPRO 582-piece Crimp Terminals, Wire Connectors, Heat Shrink Tube, Electrical Repair Kit
>>> Twippo 372Pcs Waterproof Wire Connectors Kit
>>> Vehicle Speed Sensor Fits Nissan
>>> Automatic Transmission Input/Output/Vehicle Speed Sensor Replacement for Nissan
>>> Nissan Engine Control Module
Note: During the purchasing process, please check carefully whether the part you want to buy fits your car!
Check This Video For Reference
- Engine Control System Diagnosis Guide – 2007, pp. EC-429 – EC-430.
- Technical Service Bulletins AT15-015e – 2016
- Technical Service Bulletins AT16-001 – 2016
- Technical Service Bulletins AT16-001a – 2017
- Technical Service Bulletins AT16-001d – 2017
- Technical Service Bulletins AT16-001e – 2017
- Technical Service Bulletins AT15-015h – 2017
- Technical Service Bulletins AT16-001f – 2017
- Technical Service Bulletins AT18-009 – 2018
- Technical Service Bulletins AT16-001m – 2019