Saab P1870: Transmission Component Slipping
Is your scanner showing Saab P1870?
No worries. We'll show you what it means and how to deal with it.
Saab P1870: Transmission Component SlippingOVERVIEW
What Does The Saab P1870 Code Mean?
Vehicle driven at a speed of 30-70 MPH at an engine speed of 1500-3000 RPM, Fuel Cutoff inactive, TP angle from 9-35%, engine vacuum 0-150 kPa, speed ratio is 0.69-0.88, Transmission not 1st gear, gear range is D4, TFT sensor from 68°F-266°F, shift solenoid diagnostic counter at zero, then with the TCC solenoid commanded “on” at a 95% duty cycle for 5 seconds, the ECM detected the TCC slip speed was 130-180 RPM for 7 seconds. The fault must be detected three times with the TCC commanded “off” each time between cycles.
What Are The Potential Causes Of The Saab P1870 Code?
- 1-2 shift solenoid valve has sediment, damage or leaking seals
- 2-3 shift solenoid valve has sediment, damage or leaking seals
- 3-2 shift solenoid valve has sediment, damage or leaking seals
- Valve body regulator apply valve stuck or regulator is scored
- Torque converter front stator shaft bushing is worn, the stator roller clutch is not holding or it has external damage/leaks
- Converter clutch valve is stuck or it is installed backwards
- Converter clutch valve retaining ring is not positioned properly
- Converter clutch outer valve spring is cocked
- Pump to case gasket is not positioned properly
- Orifice cup plugs are restricted or damaged
- Over-tightened, or unevenly tightened pump body to cover bolts
- TSB 02-07-30-001 contains a repair procedure for this code
Below are some recommended auto parts to help you address the trouble code affecting your vehicle and get it running smoothly again:
Note: During the purchasing process, please check carefully whether the part you want to buy fits your car!