Volkswagen P1136: Long Term Fuel Trim Add. Fuel, Bank 1 System Too Lean
Is your scanner showing Volkswagen P1136?
No worries. We'll show you what it means and how to deal with it.
Volkswagen P1136: Long Term Fuel Trim Add. Fuel, Bank 1 System Too LeanOVERVIEW
What Does The Volkswagen P1136 Code Mean?
Engine started, battery voltage must be at least 11.5v, all electrical components must be off, the ground between the engine and the chassis must be well connected, the exhaust system must be properly sealed between the catalytic converter and the cylinder head, and the oxygen sensor heater for oxygen sensor before the catalytic converter must be properly functioning.
The ECM detected the HO2S circuit was too lean, or that it could no longer change Fuel Trim because it was at its lean limit.
What Are The Potential Causes Of The Volkswagen P1136 Code?
- Air intake system leaking, vacuum hoses leaking or damaged
- Air leaks located after the MAF sensor mounting location
- EGR valve sticking, EGR diagramleaking, or gasket leaking
- EVAP vapor recovery system has failed
- Excessive fuel pressure, leaking or contaminated fuel injectors
- Exhaust leaks before or near the HO2S(s) mounting location
- Fuel pressure regulator is leaking or damaged
- HO2S circuits wet or oily, corroded, or poor terminal contact
- HO2S is damaged or it has failed
- HO2S signal circuit open, shorted to ground, shorted to power
- Low fuel pressure or vehicle driven until it was out of fuel
- Oil dipstick not seated or engine oil level too high (overfilled)
Below are some recommended auto parts to help you address the trouble code affecting your vehicle and get it running smoothly again:
>>> WORKPRO 582-piece Crimp Terminals, Wire Connectors, Heat Shrink Tube, Electrical Repair Kit
>>> Twippo 372Pcs Waterproof Wire Connectors Kit
>>> Duralast EGR Valve EGR4397
>>> Volkswagen Jetta Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Valve Gasket
>>> Volkswagen Vacuum Hose Parts
>>> Exhaust Manifold Gasket for Volkswagen Jetta
Note: During the purchasing process, please check carefully whether the part you want to buy fits your car!
Volkswagen P1136, DTCDECODE.